The 6-seed Kentucky Wildcats take on the 3-seed Kansas State Wildcats today at 2:40 pm ET in the NCAA Tournament Round of 32. You can watch the game on CBS or stream it live online at NCAA.com and the March Madness Live app.
Friday’s action saw Kentucky win its first NCAA Tournament game since 2019, and it was a grind-it-out game against Providence.
Jacob Toppin shined on the big stage as he made some big-time shots and helped shut down Providence’s best player and former Wildcat Bryce Hopkins. Oscar Tshiebwe pulled down a record-breaking 25 rebounds. And of course, Antonio Reeves had a game-high 22 points.
Now, a much tougher opponent awaits in Kansas State, who looked very impressive in the opening game win over Montana State.
Keyontae Johnson and Markquis Nowell did what they’ve done all year, scoring with ease and leading K-State to one of the better defensive regimes in the country.
The Cats need to show the same defensive intensity they showed on Friday to get the win. Despite Oscar’s miraculous 25 rebounds, he only scored eight points. If UK wants to win, more will be needed from him offensively.
Get ready for the matchup by checking out some pregame reads!
- Kentucky vs. Kansas State preview, viewing info and more
- Keyontae Johnson opens up about Oscar Tshiebwe helping him through his medical emergency
- Cal and the Cats recap win vs. Providence
- Oscar Tshiebwe breaks a shot clock-era rebounding record
- Twitter reactions to Kentucky’s NCAA Tournament win over Providence
- Highlights, box score and MVP from Wildcats’ win over Providence
- Kentucky Basketball in the 2023 NCAA Tournament: What to know
- John Calipari and Wildcats preview Kansas State
Let’s Go CATS!!!!