The 2023 NCAA Tournament path is now set for the Kentucky Wildcats.
During the Selection Sunday Show on CBS Sports, Kentucky learned it will be a 6-seed in the East Region. Their first game will be Friday against the 11-seed Providence Friars in Greensboro (NC).
Bryce Hopkins reunion!
Coming into the day, the Wildcats were ranked 25th in NET and projected to be anywhere from a 5-seed to an 8-seed. They had plenty of great wins in the regular season, including a sweep of the Tennessee Volunteers (ranked 4th in NET) in addition to wins over Texas A&M (18th), Arkansas (21st), Auburn (32nd), and Mississippi State (48th).
However, losses to teams like South Carolina (234th), Georgia (152nd) and Vanderbilt (81st) kept the Wildcats from earning a higher seed.
The path is set. Here’s to hoping for a fun and deep run for the Cats.
NCAA Tournament East Region
- No. 1 Purdue vs. No. 16 Texas Southern/FDU (Columbus)
- No. 8 Memphis vs. No. 9 Florida Atlantic (Columbus)
- No. 5 Duke vs. No. 12 Oral Roberts (Orlando)
- No. 4 Tennessee vs. No. 13 Louisiana (Orlando)
- No. 6 Kentucky vs. No. 11 Providence (Greensboro)
- No. 3 Kansas State vs. No. 14 Montana State (Greensboro)
- No. 7 Michigan State vs. No. 10 USC (Columbus)
- No. 2 Marquette vs. No. 15 Vermont (Columbus)