It’s game day BBN!
In what will be a full day of sports for all of us in the Bluegrass State, it starts off with the Kentucky Wildcats facing off against the Clemson Tigers in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl in Jacksonville. Kick-off is scheduled for 12 pm ET and can be found on ESPN or streamed online through WatchESPN and the ESPN app.
The Cats come into this matchup at 7-5 and carry a ton of momentum after knocking off Louisville just about a month ago. Now, they will turn their attention to a Tiger team that will look quite different than the last one that faced off against South Carolina.
With plenty of opt-outs and transfers for this Clemson team, Dabo Swinney and his staff will be relying on several second-string players to step in and make an impact immediately. Even despite the roster configuration for the Tigers, this is still a huge swing game for Kentucky heading into the offseason.
How so? It would be a win over a national brand.
Now, I know that Clemson has struggled over the last several seasons, but that doesn't change their recent history. Swinney has led the Tigers to being a College Football playoff finalist four times, including defeating Nick Saban and Alabama twice to win National Championships in 2016 and 2018.
That momentum I mentioned before...well a win would even push that train a little further down the tracks.
It will take a big game from Devin Leary and Ray Davis, however. If the senior quarterback/running back duo can make some noise early in this one, you have to like Kentucky’s chances of coming out on top.
Heading into the game, Clemson currently sits as a 4.5-point favorite, according to DraftKings Sportsbook, with the over/under sitting at 45 points.
Other interesting betting info to know includes:
- Ray Davis has the best odds for an anytime touchdown scorer at -140, followed by Will Shipley (-110) and (Phil Mafah +100).
- Davis also has the best odds of a player to score two or more touchdowns at +370.
- The over/under passing touchdowns for both Devin Leary and Cade Klubnik is at 1.5.
- The over/under for passing yards is 186.5 for Leary and 196.5 for Klubnik.
- The receiving yards over/under is 42.5 for Barion Brown and 50.5 for Dane Key.
It should be a close-on in Jacksonville this afternoon, folks. Let’s go get this win.
- Kentucky vs. Clemson: viewing info, what to watch for, and predictions
- Kentucky vs. Clemson: 3 matchups to watch
- Bleav in Kentucky previews Gator Bowl
- Kentucky and Clemson Depth charts for Gator Bowl
- Mitch Barnhart helped get UK to Gator Bowl; comments on Mark Stoops almost leaving
- Peny Boone includes Kentucky in final three
- Kentucky’s early enrolled participate in bowl practice
- Kentucky QB signee Cutter Boley: “I wouldn’t want to play for anyone else.”
- Predict the Outcome of Kentucky vs. Clemson
Let’s Go CATS!!!