Before the game begins, the team will honor 19 seniors, but some may return due to them being granted another year due to the NCAA granting players an extra year due to the COVID-19 pandemic back in 2020.
Last year during senior day, five players were honored during it but decided to return for another year, and those players included interior offensive line Kenneth Horsey, tight end Brenden Bates, EDGE J.J. Weaver, kicker Chance Poore, and wide receiver Tayvion Robinson, so those players will for sure play their final home game at Kroger Field on Saturday.
Most of the players can return, but you can see the list below to see some of the seniors who could be playing their last game inside of Kroger Field.
Here are the 2023 Seniors being honored:
- Sam Anaele, Defensive Lineman
- Isaiah Beasley, Defensive Lineman
- Michael Bernard, Kicker,
- Eli Cox, Interior Offensive Lineman
- Marques Cox, Offensive Tackle
- Ray Davis, Running Back
- Justice Dingle, Fullback
- Izayah Cummings, Tight End
- Jeremy Flax, Offensive Tackle
- Luke Fulton, Linebacker
- Ron Gaines, Long snapper
- Jalen Geiger, Defensive Back
- D’Eryk Jackson, Linebacker
- Ramon Jefferson, Running Back
- Devin Leary, Quarterback
- JuTahn McClain, Running Back
- Clay Perry, Longsnapper
- Andru Phillips, Cornerback
Kentucky will be playing against Alabama at noon ET on Saturday on ESPN.