With the Kentucky Wildcats standing at 6-4 heading into their last Southeastern Conference game of the season, have they exceeded or fallen short of your expectations?
Losses to Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama all seemed likely, with a potential upset viewed as somewhat of a longshot, but the blowout loss against Missouri was tough to watch.
In college football, a lot of the time, it’s how you finish the year that defines your season. The Wildcats have a chance to flip the script and end the year with eight or even nine wins, but it all starts this Saturday when Kentucky visits the 4-6 South Carolina Gamecocks.
South Carolina just thumped Vanderbilt, 47-6, and has averaged north of 42 points over their last two games. While neither of those teams is quite the caliber of talent and coaching that Kentucky brings to the table, that does present some concern for a UK defense that has had its own ups and downs over the course of the season.
Will Kentucky travel to Columbia and avenge last season’s loss to South Carolina? Or will it be a fifth loss (second straight and fifth in the last six games) for the Wildcats?
According to DraftKings Sportsbook, Kentucky is a 2-point underdog at South Carolina. The game is expected to be a high-scoring affair, with the point total set at 52.
Odds/lines subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.
- Kentucky is 6-2 against the spread in its last eight games played in November.
- Kentucky is 7-2 straight up in its last nine games vs. South Carolina.
- Kentucky is 1-4 against the spread in its last five games.
- The total has gone over in six of Kentucky’s last seven games.
- Kentucky is 1-4 straight up in its last five games.
- Kentucky is 6-2 against the spread in its last eight games on the road.
- The total has gone over in four of Kentucky’s last five games vs. the SEC.
- The total has gone over in five of South Carolina’s last six games at home.
- South Carolina is 1-4 straight up in its last five games vs. the SEC.
- South Carolina 28, Kentucky 21 — Garnet & Cocky
- South Carolina 31, Kentucky 27 — Mark Story/Herald-Leader
- South Carolina 28, Kentucky 27 — Fox Sports
- South Carolina 28, Kentucky 27 — Athlon Sports
- South Carolina 34, Kentucky 30 — College Football News
- The Big Spur — Three of four picks are for the Gamecocks.
- KSR — Five of six picks are for the Cats.
Both the oddsmakers and experts find it difficult to see Kentucky returning to Lexington with a victory. But the Wildcats are coming off a pretty bad loss to Alabama and will want to get even with South Carolina after Kentucky suffered a rather surprising defeat at home last year. Ray Davis runs wild to take South Carolina out of the game and pull off the “upset.”
Final Score: Kentucky 30, South Carolina 24