- The new Coaches Top 25 Poll put the Kentucky Wildcats at No. 13 and the UCLA Bruins at No. 14.
- Andy Katz’s Power 36 now have the Wildcats at 12 and Bruins at 16.
- Kentucky climbed up to 13 in the latest AP Top 25 Poll, while UCLA checked in at 16.
- The NET rankings now have UK at 28 and UCLA at 14.
- The Athletic’s Seth Davis put the Cats at 12 and the Bruins at 10.
- The ESPN power rankings (only top 16 teams) have UK and UCLA both “In the waiting room.”
- The latest Bart Torvik rankings put the Cats at 15 and Bruins at 5.
The Kentucky Wildcats are currently the No. 16 team in last week’s AP Top 25 Poll, and they could rise when the latest rankings release later today. Other rankings have Kentucky at No. 6 in ESPN’s BPI, No. 6 in KenPom and and No. 27 in the NET rankings.
The Wildcats are coming off a 69-59 win over Yale on Saturday. Reigning National Player of the Year Oscar Tshiebwe carried a majority of the load, scoring 28 points and grabbing 12 rebounds. The Wildcats will need that same Tshiebwe as they prepare for a few challenges to end December.
Kentucky’s schedule to finish out the month looks like the following...
- December 17th vs. No. 17 UCLA
- December 21st vs. Florida A&M
- December 28th at Missouri
- December 31st vs. Louisville
Kentucky doesn’t have any major victories yet, but beating No. 19 UCLA in the CBS Sports Classic would be a good start. The Wildcats would then have a chance to capture a quality road win at Missouri before facing a not-so-good Louisville team on New Year's Eve.
An undefeated December is exactly what both the team and fanbase are asking for this Christmas. That wish continues with Saturday’s game vs. UCLA in New York City.
Keep track here as we learn where Kentucky stands in the latest college basketball rankings.
Tweet of the Day
BREAKING: Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo will not return next season, the academy announces.— Chris Vannini (@ChrisVannini) December 11, 2022
He leaves as the winningest coach in program history.
He’s scored three or fewer points in four of his last five games.
It didn’t look good for the former South Carolina star.
Would be a nice snag for the Wildcats.
Prayers for the Mississippi State head coach.
Such a cool moment.
Nice pay day after a 9-3 season.
Wildcats host the Cardinals in less than three weeks.
Would they be your pick for the Super Bowl?