Kentucky Basketball is BACK.
With the new college basketball season now here, there’s huge buzz surrounding this year’s men’s basketball team. With defending unanimous player of the year Oscar Tshiebwe coming back, along with battle-tested veterans like Sahvir Wheeler, Jacob Toppin, Damion Collins and more, the hype is real with this group. Now it’s just a matter of putting it together and becoming the national title threat many believe this team will become.
While we won’t see Oscar tonight because of his knee procedure, everyone else should be active in the scrimmage.
Some notable recruits that will be there tonight; DJ Wagner, Justin Edwards, Reed Sheppard, and more.
For the women’s team, it looks like everyone should be active as well. While the superstar Rhyne Howard has moved onto the WNBA, there’s still a lot of talent and potential for Kyra Elzy’s program to make it back to the Big Dance after winning the SEC Tournament last season.
Gonna be honest with #BBN here... When coach told the team she had a little surprise for them in the gym, they all thought @JohnWall was here.— Kentucky Women’s Basketball (@KentuckyWBB) October 14, 2022
It's no #11, but rings are cool, too. ✨ pic.twitter.com/f6DFQO0cCg
Let’s go BBN, get ready for the Madness with some of these pregame reads.
- The Midnight Special
- Antonio Reeves suggests this will be his last season of college hoops
- UK visiting in-state star Jasper Johnson
- Friday Headlines: Big Blue Madness Edition
- UK basketball legend Dan Issel joins Big Blue Drew on the Kentucky Dad Podcast
- John Calipari talks his coaching future; Wants to see college basketball play summer games
- Willie Cauley-Stein and Mychal Mulder ink new NBA contracts
- 2022-23 Kentucky basketball schedule set
- Kentucky offers top-5 recruit Flory Bidunga
- Kentucky and Indiana set to restart series
- Oscar Tshiebwe to have minor knee procedure