Hearts will be heavy today when the Kentucky Wildcats battle the Tennessee Volunteers, as legendary coach Joe B. Hall passed away this morning at the age of 93.
One of the best to ever do it, Hall won 278 games and a national championship during his time at UK while also winning one as a player under Adolph Rupp.
Head coach John Calipari has announced he will coach today with a rolled up program in his hand, one of Hall’s signature coaching styles.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Coach Hall and his family.
We will honor and celebrate the life of Joe B. Hall during today's pregame. pic.twitter.com/77Hd0bSuip— Kentucky Men’s Basketball (@KentuckyMBB) January 15, 2022
As for the game, it tips off inside Rupp Arena at 1 pm ET. You can watch the game on ESPN or stream it online at WatchESPN, the ESPN app, or use a free trial of fuboTV.
The Cats are coming off two impressive blowout wins over Georgia and Vanderbilt. Oscar Tshiebwe has been on another level, with 59 points and 30 rebounds over those two games.
Tennessee has had a strong season to this point as well, with a marquee win over Arizona earlier this year.
It’s going to be a tough game like always, but you can expect that Rupp Arena crowd to make a huge difference today, a game that a lot of fans have waited on after losing in football to the Volunteers and splitting the hoops season series last year.
Here are some pregame reads to get you ready for today’s game.
- Kentucky vs. Tennessee preview, viewing info and predictions
- Sahvir Wheeler has resumed practicing and looks good to go vs. Tennessee
- Calipari says Shaedon Sharpe is still way behind but has a promising skillset
- Chin Coleman would like to see a 4-guard lineup
- Dan Issel compares Oscar Tshiebwe’s game to some NBA legends
- ESPN ranks Oscar Tshiebwe the No. 3 player in men’s college basketball
- John Calipari gives injury update on Sahvir Wheeler
- Why Kentucky’s Victory at Vandy was Special
- John Calipari and Wildcats recap win vs. Vanderbilt, plus postgame notes
- Kentucky basketball recruiting in the 2022 class: What to know