Sahvir Wheeler is out tonight, so Davion Mintz has joined the starting lineup.
First start of the season for Davion Mintz.— Kentucky Men’s Basketball (@KentuckyMBB) January 11, 2022
Sahvir Wheeler is out with a neck injury and is day-to-day. pic.twitter.com/X9db3L6KHV
The Kentucky Wildcats take on the Vanderbilt Commodores tonight at 7 pm ET inside Memorial Gymnasium in Nashville, Tennessee. You can watch the game on ESPN or stream it live online at WatchESPN. Go here for more viewing info.
Vanderbilt has been a solid team this season compared to recent years, and they’ve been in quite a few close games. Scottie Pippen Jr. is back, and he’s doing plenty of damage at 18.3 PPG, 3.6 RPG, and 2.8 APG.
While Pippen Jr.’s numbers are down a bit this season, he’s still every bit as talented, and I’m sure the Cats will put a lot of their defensive focus on him.
Kentucky is riding high after a beatdown of Georgia at home. Oscar Tshiebwe had another outstanding game, but the real storyline was the record-breaking performance TyTy Washington had. 17 points and 17 assists are ridiculous, and when you break a record held by John Wall, you know it’s something special.
Fellow point guard Sahvir Wheeler is still questionable to play due to a neck injury that kept him out vs. Georgia. If Wheeler plays, it will be interesting to see how he runs the offense compared to Washington.
Get hyped for the action by checking out some of these pregame reads:
- Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt preview, viewing info and predictions
- College basketball rankings roundup for Kentucky
- TyTy Washington earns SEC award, plus highlights of his record-breaking game vs. Georgia
- Risers and Fallers from Kentucky’s big win vs. Georgia
- John Calipari and Wildcats recap win over Georgia
- Tuesday Headlines: Vanderbilt Gameday Edition
- Every UK football top 25 win since 2000
- Duke gets stunned at home by Miami
- Positive update on Sahvir Wheeler, who calls TyTy Washington ‘PG1’
- Highlights, box score and MVP from inspiring win over Georgia
- Kentucky basketball recruiting in the 2022 class: What to know
Let’s Go Cats!