It’s finally game day folks and hopefully there is a big crowd at Kroger Field as the Kentucky Wildcats open the 2021 season with a matchup against the Louisiana Monroe Warhawks.
It’s a new season, with a sense of optimism in the air as Kentucky with a new offensive system in place with Liam Coen and new QB Will Levis. With several returning pieces, some key transfers, and changes on the coaching staff, the Big Blue Nation has been anxiously awaiting this game.
Kentucky opened as a 27.5-point favorite and has been bet up all the way to 31-point favorites as of Friday with the line hanging around in that area, so the Cats enter the game as heavy favorites against a Warhawks squad that went 0-10 last year and brought in Terry Bowden as the team’s new head coach.
This seems like a good opportunity for Levis to get his feet under him as the team’s new QB1. Levis, of course, has some experience from his time at Penn State, but under a new offensive system and new teammates, this should be a great opportunity for Levis and some of the other new Wildcats.
This is also the first game at Kroger Field since 2019 with a full stadium, and there should be a solid turnout today.
A noon kickoff isn’t ideal, but it’s the first Kentucky Football game of the season, so get up, get loud, and Go Cats!
- How to watch and follow the Cats take on the Warhawks
- Betting trends, expert picks, and predictions
- Five players to watch in today’s game
- What to know about UL-Monroe
- Season preview and roundtable predictions
- Trevin Wallace named preseason freshman All-American
- UK Football announces team captains
- Dan Berezowitz no longer on Kentucky’s football staff
- Mitch Barnhart talks alcohol policy