With the high school football season well underway for players across the country, On3’s recruiting analysts have released an updated top-300 ranking for the Class of 2022.
With the new update, the Kentucky Wildcats have four commits that made the cut, with Kiyaunta Goodwin leading the way at 16th overall.
Also making the list includes uncommitted Fredrick Douglas wideout Dane Key (No. 290), as well as several other players the coaching staff has continued to recruit, despite their commitments elsewhere.
UK Recruits in the 2022 On300
- 5. DL Mykel Williams (99) Columbus (GA) Hardaway – USC commit
- 16. OT Kiyaunta Goodwin (98) Charlestown (IN) High – Kentucky commit
- 117. EDGE Tyreese Fearbry (93) Pittsburgh Perry (PA) – Kentucky commit
- 167. IOL Tegra Tshabola (92) West Chester (OH) Lakota West – Ohio State commit
- 278. ATH Treyveon Longmire (90) Corbin (KY) High – Kentucky commit
- 290. WR Dane Key (90) Lexington (KY) Frederick Douglass – Uncommitted
- 300. EDGE Keaten Wade (90) Spring Hill (TN) Summit – Kentucky commit
With a lot of the top recruits already on board for 2022, this UK staff will now push to land Key. After a visit to South Carolina this past weekend, he’s expected to take a few more unofficial visits before he announces a decision in October.
Currently, the momentum continues to sit in Kentucky’s favor with Michigan, South Carolina, and Oregon fighting to get him out of the state.
The Kentucky staff has stayed in contact with Mykel Williams, but things there have been fairly quiet, even after the firing of Clay Helton at USC. They also continue to try and build a solid relationship with Tegra Tshabola, who is teammates with Wildcats pledge Alex Afari.
The SEC also continues its dominance on the recruiting trail, as 67 of the top-300 players are committed to schools within the conference.
You can check out the full rankings here.