While the Cats are 3-0 this season, it hasn’t come easy. Last week against Chattanooga, they nearly took a loss to an FCS team. Kentucky looked disoriented as they shockingly lost the battle in the trenches, something that can’t happen if they’re going to compete in the SEC.
Under first-year head coach Shane Beamer, the Gamecocks are off to a solid start this season with their lone defeat coming at the hands of No. 2 Georgia, who may very well be the best team in America this season.
And winning on the road in the SEC is rarely easy (unless Vanderbilt is involved), so while Kentucky is favored in this game with the line at -5, expect this to be a back-and-forth affair that comes down to the fourth quarter.
I expect the Cats to come out with some fire after their latest performance, but overall, it should be a good game in Columbia with the Gamecocks getting starting QB Luke Doty back.
Get hyped for the game by checking out some of these pregame reads!
- Kentucky vs. South Carolina time, TV info, live stream, radio and HYPE video
- Saturday Headlines: Beat South Carolina Edition
- Trevard Lindley joins the newest episode of Bleav in Kentucky
- Connections run deep between Shane Beamer, Mark Stoops and UK football
- SEC votes to allow education-related benefits to student-athletes
- QB Luke Doty set to start for South Carolina vs. Kentucky
- Getting To Know You: South Carolina
- SEC power rankings and grades ahead of Week 4
- Who wins Kentucky vs. South Carolina?
- Kentucky football has 6 players among On3’s Top 300 Most Impactful Players