We’re only a quarter of the way through the 2021 season, but Kentucky’s football schedule for 2022 was released yesterday.
Here’s a quick look at the 2022 slate for the Wildcats.
- Sept. 3 — Miami-Ohio
- Sept. 10 — at Florida Gators
- Sept. 17 — Youngstown State
- Sept. 24 — Northern Illinois
- Oct. 1 — at Ole Miss Rebels
- Oct. 8 — South Carolina Gamecocks
- Oct. 15 — Mississippi State Bulldogs
- Oct. 22 — BYE
- Oct. 29 — at Tennessee Volunteers
- Nov. 5 — at Missouri Tigers
- Nov. 12 — Vanderbilt Commodores
- Nov. 19 — Georgia Bulldogs
- Nov. 26 — Louisville Cardinals
I think this schedule sets up favorably for Kentucky.
The Cats have three games they should win and will be favored in during the first four weeks.
A Week 2 trip to Gainesville will be tough and a matchup Kentucky will likely be an underdog in.
From there, a trip to Oxford will be a tall task, but winnable games at Kroger Field against South Carolina and Mississippi State will follow.
Road trips to Tennessee and Missouri will be challenges, but the Cats will likely be favored in two of their last three at home against Vanderbilt and Louisville with Georgia sandwiched in the middle.
It’s way too early to look into predicting wins and losses for next season, but that’s a schedule where Kentucky should get 7 or 8 wins.
Tweet of the Day
You love to see it.
Miami and NIU each will be paid $1.4 million to travel to Lexington
Keion will be key this season.
Get that money young man.
Vanderbilt is traveling to Hawaii.
Who is going to take him?
Lawrence and Wilson have had some struggles in the first two weeks.
He should probably stick to MMA.