Can you believe that the season is already a quarter of the way done? With that now is about the time we start to see some early (but more predictable) bowl projections.
The Kentucky Wildcats currently sit at 3-0. Currently, ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) has them projected to finish with an 8-4 record, which is the record you will see a lot of bowl projections based off of.
After Week 3, here is a quick roundup of current Kentucky Football Bowl Projections:
- Saturday Down South: Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State Wildcats (Dec. 28 in Memphis, TN)
- CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm: Music City Bowl vs. Michigan Wolverines (Dec. 30 in Nashville, TN)
- Brett McMurphy of The Action Network: Liberty Bowl vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys (Dec. 28 in Memphis, TN)
- ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. Virginia Cavaliers (Dec. 30 in Charlotte, NC)
- ESPN’s Kyle Bonagura: TaxSlayer Gator Bowl vs. North Carolina Tar Heels (Dec. 31 in Jacksonville, FL)
- 247 Sports’ Brad Crawford: Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. Virginia Cavaliers (Dec. 30 in Charlotte, NC)
Looking over the projections above, a trip down to Jacksonville to play Mack Brown and the Tar Heels would be fun, which is closely followed by a trip to Nashville to matchup with Michigan and Jim Harbaugh. A trip to Charlotte to play Virginia doesn't scream excitement, and Memphis doesn't either.
UK is approaching the part of their schedule though where they can make some noise in these projections. Finish at 10-2 or 9-3, and you could be looking at another trip to the Citrus Bowl or better.
Let’s just hope it ends up being somewhere warm.