Kentucky is coming into the game as heavy favorites at home and now presents an offense difficult for even Southeastern Conference teams to keep up with. This weekend will allow the Kentucky defense an excellent chance to generate a pass rush and build momentum as they prepare for a heavy stretch of SEC play over the next month and a half.
Kentucky is currently a 31-point favorite over Chattanooga with the over/under set at a total of 45. ESPN’s Football Power Index is calculating a 98.6% chance of victory for the Wildcats. Kentucky covered the spread in each of its first two games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Kentucky’s last 7 games.
- Kentucky is 4-1 SU in the last 5 games.
- Kentucky is 12-2 ATS in the last 14 games at home.
- Kentucky is 14-5 SU in the last 19 games played in September.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kentucky’s last 6 games played in week 3.
- Kentucky is 4-1 SU in the last 5 games played on a Saturday.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kentucky’s last 5 games when playing as the favorite.
- Kentucky is 12-2 ATS in the last 14 games played on a Saturday at home.
- Chattanooga is 0-9 SU in the last 9 games.
- Chattanooga is 0-9 SU in the last 9 games on the road.
- Chattanooga is 0-10 SU in the last 10 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Chattanooga is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 games played in September.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chattanooga’s last 9 games when playing as the underdog.
- Josh Moore of the Lexington Herald-Leader is going with a 56-10 margin in favor of Kentucky.
- Pete Fiutak with College Football News sees a major blowout coming — 40-6, Kentucky.
- Eric Thorne of Wildcat Blue Nation is even more optimistic for points — 55-6, Kentucky.
- OddsShark is generating a low scoring affair — 17-0 Kentucky.
- Randy Chambers of Sports Chat Place didn’t make a score projection but did pick Kentucky to cover the 31-point spread.
- Cats Illustrated writers Jeff Drummond (52-13) and Justin Rowland (47-10) both picked Kentucky to win and cover the spread.
As a competitive football team in the SEC you want to enter each football game knowing the opponent is likely going to give you their best shot. While that is surely the case for Saturday, it’s still incredibly doubtful that Kentucky has much trouble with Chattanooga. The Wildcats are simply overpowered on both sides of the ball and especially in the trenches. Look for this matchup to get out of hand quickly.
Final Score: Kentucky 42, Chattanooga 6
How do you see Saturday’s clash between the Cats and Mocs playing out? Let us know in the comments section!