With the first full week of the 2021 college football season just days away, 247 Sports’ Brad Crawford has ranked each SEC starting quarterback entering the new campaign.
Not all that surprisingly, Kentucky starter Will Levis who will be entering his first year with the Wildcats after transferring in for Penn State, ranks in the bottom half of the rankings, given he has yet to play an SEC snap.
Crawford has Levis ranked ninth entering the season, writing, “Arm strength and attitude. Those are the two qualities that helped Penn State transfer Will Levis win the starting job during camp, according to those in the know at Kentucky.
“The coaching staff is raving about his potential and for the first time in several years, the Wildcats may have a player who makes opposing defenses sweat a bit with his arm at the quarterback position.”
- J.T. Daniels, Georgia Bulldogs
- Matt Corral, Ole Miss Rebels
- Bryce Young, Alabama Crimson Tide
- Max Johnson, LSU Tigers
- Emory Jones, Florida Gators
- Haynes King, Texas A&M
- Bo Nix, Auburn Tigers
- Connor Bazelak, Missouri Tigers
- Will Levis, Kentucky Wildcats
- Joe Milton, Tennessee Volunteers
- Will Rogers, Mississippi State Bulldogs
- Luke Doty, South Carolina Gamecocks (GA Zeb Noland will start Week 1 due to injury)
- Ken Seals, Vanderbilt Commodores
- KJ Jefferson, Arkansas Razorbacks