Freshman point guard TyTy Washington may not have been a top 10 recruit, but it appears he may be valued higher in the eyes of NBA scouts.
In a way-too-early 2022 NBA Mock Draft, Gary Parrish of CBS Sports projects Washington to go 10th overall to the `New Orleans Pelicans.
“Kentucky got stuck last season without the kind of high-level one-and-done point guard John Calipari has used to make four Final Fours in 12 years with the Wildcats,” Parrish wrote. “But things will get back to normal this season thanks to the enrollment of TyTy Washington, a 6-3 point guard who can create for himself (and others) and reliably shoot in a way that would be beneficial for any primary ball-handler playing with Zion Williamson in New Orleans.”
With the projection of 10th overall, Parrish sees Washington going ahead of Jalen Duren, who at one time was the No. 1 overall recruit in 2022 before reclassifying into 2021.
Here’s a look at Parrish’s full projected lottery:
- Oklahoma City Thunder: Paolo Banchero, Duke Blue Devils
- Orlando Magic: Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga Bulldogs
- Detroit Pistons: Jaden Hardy, G League Ignite
- Cleveland Cavaliers Caleb Houstan, Michigan Wolverines
- San Antonio Spurs: Patrick Baldwin Jr. Milwaukee Panthers
- Houston Rockets: Kennedy Chandler, Tennessee Volunteers
- Sacramento Kings: Adrian Griffin, Duke Blue Devils
- Charlotte Hornets: Jabari Smith, Auburn Tigers
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Peyton Watson, UCLA Bruins
- New Orleans Pelicans: Ty Ty Washington, Kentucky Wildcats
- Indiana Pacers: JD Davidson, Alabama Crimson Tide
- Toronto Raptors: Yannick Nzosa, Congo
- Washington Wizards: Nikola Jovic, Sebria
- Memphis Grizzlies: Jalen Duren, Undecided
Follow our Twitter page and then go ‘like’ our Facebook page for the latest Kentucky Wildcats news and views.