The University of Kentucky has announced its game-day policies — including information on involving masking and COVID-19 vaccines — for home football games during the 2021 season.
The most notable tidbits are that no proof of vaccine will be required, and fans must wear masks indoors.
Here is a look at what you need to know for attending games at Kroger Field this fall:
- Game Day - UK Athletics anticipates tailgating, bands, cheerleaders, the Chevy Catwalk, and nearly everything that goes along with college football Saturdays to return this season.
- Campus COVID-19 Policies - UK Athletics plans to follow all Campus COVID-19 Policies. Health and Safety Guidelines for the University of Kentucky can be found here. These reflect current recommendations of the CDC, direction from state government, guidance from health department officials and the counsel of our own START team of health scientists and clinicians. Fans should stay home if they are sick.
- Mobile Ticketing & Parking - UK Athletics has fully transitioned to mobile ticketing at all venues, as announced in the fall of 2020. All tickets will be mobile and no physical season ticket books will be printed. Season ticket holders and individual game buyers will use the UK Athletics App to access and manage tickets. Season ticket holders may also manage tickets by visiting UKathletics.com/MyUKAccount from a mobile device’s web browser.
- Season parking permits will also be issued via mobile delivery, and ticket holders with parking will access and display parking permits on a smartphone for entry into the stadium lots.
- To avoid game day issues, UK Athletics encourages all fans to view tickets and parking permits and save them to a smartphone’s digital wallet (Apple Wallet or Google Pay) in advance of arriving at Kroger Field.
- Parking permits will be scanned at lot entry, so fans should have the mobile permit ready prior to leaving home. Fans may also be asked to show the permit on a phone prior to arriving at the lot entrance. This will assist traffic personnel to efficiently sort and direct vehicles approaching the complex.
- Fans should enter the stadium at the assigned gate that will be listed on their mobile ticket.
- For more information, helpful tips, and FAQs, visit UKathletics.com/MobileTickets. Season ticket holders without a smartphone are encouraged to contact the UK Ticket Office to make alternate arrangements.
- Student Tickets - UK students should visit UKStudentTix.com for information on season passes, including how and when pass holders can claim tickets for each game. Instructions are also available for how and when students can purchase single-game tickets.
- Disabled Services - With a valid state-issued handicap hang tag, fans can park in the non-reserved disabled lot located at the corner of University Drive and Farm Road. The capacity of the lot is 120 vehicles. This lot will operate on a first come, first served basis. The cost per vehicle is $35. New in 2021, only credit cards will be accepted.
- Nursing Mother’s Suite - New to Kroger Field in 2021 is the Nursing Mother’s Suite. The suite is located on the lower north concourse, next to section 3. The suite provides another private area for nursing mothers, fully equipped with furniture, sink, refrigerator and tv to continue watching the game. Additionally, there are six family restrooms located throughout the stadium that will accommodate nursing mothers. They are located on the lower concourse near section 4 and 24 and on the upper concourse near section 20, 40, 204 and 224. Furthermore, there are four first aid locations that will accommodate nursing mothers.
- WiFi Help Zones for mobile ticketing – To assist fans with mobile ticketing connectivity and related concerns, WiFi Help Zones will be in place on the exterior of the stadium. They will be located at the guest services locations outside gates 4, 9 and 12, as well as at the ticket office (between gates 9 and 10).
- Traffic – During the two-hour period prior to kickoff, lots will be filled according to availability. If the designated lot is full upon arrival, fans will be directed to the next available lot. Fans are encouraged to review the suggested routes listed at UKathletics.com/Gameday. An interactive map with directions to each parking area can be found at http://ukgamedayparking.io-media.com/. Fans are encouraged to have their digital parking pass enabled upon arrival at the lot, enabling traffic personnel to efficiently sort and direct vehicles approaching the complex.
- Non-permit parking - Available on Cooper Drive on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at noon ET on Fridays. Additional non-permit parking is available in Parking Structures #2, #3 and #6. The non-reserved disabled lot is available at the corner of University and Farm Road. A state-issued valid disabled hang tag is required, and the cost is $35 per vehicle. Only credit cards are accepted.
- Catwalk – The popular Chevy Catwalk will return this season as the Cats make their way toward Talbott Todd Way and Gate 1 to the Joe Craft Football Training Facility prior to the game. Keep in mind that the Catwalk route could be modified during the season.
- Purple Lot/Testing Impact - The East College Way Purple Lot will be operating at a reduced capacity for parking and tailgating due to COVID testing. The site will not be active on game day but limited space will be provided for permit parking and tailgating. Vehicles will be prohibited to be left overnight in this lot. Testing will resume Sunday mornings at 7:30 a.m. and all spaces will be needed.
For more information on Kentucky’s policies, go here.