Are you passionate about Kentucky Wildcats athletics? Want to have your stories published on one of the top SB Nation College websites? And do you want to break into the field of sportswriting?
If so, we're looking for experienced, passionate writers to join our team at A Sea of Blue. We’re also looking for experienced editors to join our ranks and help ensure we’re doing our best to produce the best content of any UK website.
This is an entry-level position in sports media. Strong knowledge of football and/or basketball, as well as the ability to write in an online environment, are must-haves.
Ideally, potential candidates have at least one full year of writing experience at another blog, newspaper, or writing service, but it’s not a requirement. Potential paid spots are available for those who stay committed and produce quality content.
We also provide opportunities for all of our writers and editors to get credentialed to sporting events, including press conferences with John Calipari, Mark Stoops, and other UK coaches, as well as credentials to basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, and football games.
Internship opportunities are also available.
And because we’re part of SB Nation, arguably the best sports blog network there is, writing at A Sea of Blue can potentially lead to more employment opportunities across the network. Many of our writers write for multiple SB Nation blogs, and you could as well.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualities:
- Has strong knowledge about UK sports, both current and historical.
- Possesses excellent writing skills.
- Has editing experience.
- Is good with interviewing players and coaches.
- Has a nose for news, both in knowing what’s important and identifying where to find it.
- Can write in line with our best practices for ideal search engine optimization (SEO).
- Can write and publish quickly while remaining accurate.
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimal direction.
- Possesses solid communication skills.
- Is comfortable working in a virtual environment.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with the following info:
1. Full Name, Email Address, Topics/Sports interested in blogging about, Twitter handle, writing availability, and why you want to write for our site/network.
2. Examples of your posts and links to any previous work you have done.
3. Your resume and LinkedIn profile if you have one.
4. We may require an initial post for evaluations that we will publish on our site if it is suitable.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Note: A writing position here is not guaranteed.