The Cats are currently sitting at the 8th spot in the SEC and, depending on how things play out in their last five games, they could get that much-needed double-bye in the SEC Tournament if they finish with a top-four seed. That could become even easier if some of the top teams opt-out of the conference tournament, so there’s still reason to believe this team can get a high seed and potentially win the SEC’s automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
However, a lot needs to happen for that to become a reality, including and most importantly, the Cats racking up wins.
The last time they met up with Vanderbilt, it was a battle throughout. Surprisingly, Kentucky was able to hold on and secure that victory thanks to Davion Mintz’s game-winning triple.
Since then, it has been an utter mess in the last four minutes of the game. With UK picking up the close win over Auburn last Saturday — thanks in large part to another clutch triple by Mintz — that should give them the motivation they need to get another one over Vandy tonight.
Get hyped by checking out some of these pregame reads. And as always, Go Cats!
- Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt preview, viewing info, odds and predictions
- Davion Mintz opens up about possible return for 6th season at UK
- You can bet on which Hall of Fame coach will leave his job first, including John Calipari and Coach K
- Nick Smith hearing from Cats, who could become favorite if they offer
- Oscar Tshiebwe makes practice debut with Kentucky
- 5-star recruit and reclass candidate Enoch Boakye hearing from Kentucky
- The Tough Road to Believing
- Duke star Jalen Johnson opts out of season
- SEC alters men’s basketball schedule
- Kentucky arrives in Nashville early to beat winter storm
- John Calipari wants this season to be “something people talk about for the next 20 years”