The SEC has announced a revised schedule of men’s basketball games due to the icy weather that is moving throughout the region this week, the league announced Monday night.
In addition, the South Carolina at Tennessee game originally scheduled for Tuesday, has been changed to Wednesday as a result of a combination of a positive test, contact tracing and subsequent quarantining of individuals within the Tennessee basketball program, consistent with the SEC COVID-19 management requirements.
Neither of the Kentucky Wildcats’ games this week were changed. However, they will face the Tennessee Volunteers on Saturday, and the Vols were originally set to play the Gamecocks on Tuesday. Now, Tennessee plays Wednesday, the same day Kentucky plays at Vanderbilt. So the Vols won’t get an extra day of rest before Saturday’s matchup.
Here is a look at all of the changes made by the SEC for next three days:
Tuesday, February 16
- *#20 Missouri at Georgia on SEC Network at 7:00 pm ET (moves from 6:30 start time)
- *Florida at #24 Arkansas on ESPN2 at 7:00 pm ET (no changes)
Wednesday, February 17
- *Kentucky at Vanderbilt on SEC Network at 7:00 pm ET (no changes)
- *South Carolina at #19 Tennessee SEC Network 9:00 pm ET (moves from Tuesday)
Thursday, February 18
- *#9 Alabama at Texas A&M on SEC Network at 3:00 pm ET (moves from Wednesday)
- *Mississippi State at Auburn ESPNU 5:00 pm ET (moves from Tuesday)
- *LSU at Ole Miss SEC Network 5:00 pm ET (moves from Wednesday)