The NCAA Tournament likely will not include the Kentucky Wildcats (5-13, 4-7) unless they’re able to make a remarkable SEC Tournament run and cut down the nets in Nashville. But for those college basketball diehards, there have been changes to the tournament dates to be aware of.
Instead of a normal day in between first four games, they will both be played on the same day (Thursday, March 18). This will force First Round action to shift from its normal Thursday and Friday schedule to Friday and Saturday.
Here’s a full look at the changes:
- First Four: Thursday, March 18
- First Round: Friday, March 19; Saturday, March 20
- Second Round: Sunday, March 21; Monday, March 22
- Sweet 16: Saturday, March 27; Sunday, March 28
- Elite Eight: Monday, March 29; Tuesday, March 30
- Semifinals: Saturday, April 3
- National Championship: Monday, April 5
The entire tournament will be held in the Indianapolis in hopes it will help prevent COVID-19 outbreaks in the postseason.