After last week’s debacle in Starkville against the Bulldogs, the Cats are desperate for a win to get the excitement back into this season.
Now, they face arguably their most hated rival, Tennessee.
The Vols are good this year, as they’ve been in nearly every game, and they have playmakers on both sides of the ball. They’re lead by senior QB Hendon Hooker, who transferred in from Virginia Tech this past offseason and was actually the Hokies’ starter when Kentucky beat them in the 2019 Belk Bowl.
The last time Kentucky beat Tennessee in Lexington was that memorable 2017 comeback that saw Stephen Johnson leap into the end zone for the game-winning score in the final minute.
This still has the potential to be one of the best years in UK football history, and that becomes much likelier with a win over the Vols tonight.
If the Cats have any chance, they’re going to need Will Levis to play like he did against LSU. The turnovers were crushing last week, and if that happens again, we’ll see these Cats lose again.
Get hyped for the game by checking out some of these pregame reads:
- Kentucky vs. Tennessee preview, viewing info and score projection
- 5 players to watch as Kentucky hosts Tennessee
- The Recipe for Orange Crush: Much-needed adjustments for Kentucky
- SEC power rankings and grades after Week 9
- Liam Coen says Chris Rodriguez is healthy and ready for Tennessee
- Dane Key is recruiting 2 players to join him at Kentucky
- Kentucky checks in at No. 18 in first College Football Playoff Rankings
- Mark Stoops previews Kentucky vs. Tennessee
- Kentucky football recruiting in the 2022 class: What to know
- Tennessee is a must-win game for Kentucky
- Injury updates for Kentucky football