It was just three weeks ago that the Kentucky Wildcats were off to a historical start for their 2021 campaign.
Now, after two losses and a bye, Kentucky is desperate for a rebound win. Head coach Mark Stoops and his team will get their chance at a humming Tennessee Volunteers team that has surpassed most expectations for this season. Kickoff on Saturday is 7 PM at Kroger Field.
According to DraftKings, the game is a pick ‘em, despite the fact that Kentucky opened as a five-point favorite at some sportsbooks. ESPN’s Football Power Index is giving Kentucky just a 48.8% of victory — a disadvantage heading into the game for a third straight week and fourth time this season.
- Kentucky is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- Kentucky is 8-2 SU in their last 10 games.
- Kentucky is 7-0 SU in their last 7 games at home.
- Kentucky is 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games when playing at home against Tennessee.
- Kentucky is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games this season.
- Kentucky is 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Kentucky’s last 10 games against an opponent in the East Division division.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Kentucky’s last 6 games played in November.
- Tennessee is 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tennessee’s last 7 games.
- Tennessee is 5-11 SU in their last 16 games.
- Tennessee is 11-3 ATS in their last 14 games against Kentucky.
- Tennessee is 17-3 SU in their last 20 games against Kentucky.
- Tennessee is 5-15 SU in their last 20 games on the road.
- Tennessee is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Kentucky.
- Tennessee is 3-10 SU in their last 13 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Tennessee is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the East Division division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Tennessee’s last 7 games played in November.
- Vols Wire — Tennessee 30, Kentucky 28
- OddsShark — Kentucky 31, Tennessee 29
- Athlon Sports — Tennessee 28, Kentucky 24
- Saturday Down South — Tennessee 38, Kentucky 27
- College Football News — Kentucky 30, Tennessee 26
- ESPN’s Joey Galloway picked Kentucky, while Kevin Negandhi picked Tennessee.
Saturday will be the first time in three weeks that Kentucky plays in their home stadium. Just like there’s nothing like sleeping in your own bed, there’s also nothing like playing in your home stadium — regardless of the sport. While this game will come down to more than just the home crowd, Big Blue Nation should indeed play a significant role in assisting the UK defense. Kentucky will likely see one of their toughest defensive tests of the season against this Volunteers offense, so turning over the ball won’t be an option on Saturday. The Wildcats haven’t played a “perfect game” in quite a while, so this one may come down to the wire.
Final Score: Kentucky 30, Tennessee 27