Kentucky Wildcats Basketball vs. Albany Great Danes
- Time: Tonight’s game tips off at 7:00 pm ET.
- Location: Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.
- TV Channel/ Live Online Stream: The game will not be on TV and is instead airing on SEC Network+ (read more about it here), which you can find on the ESPN app, Roku, Firestick or any streaming device. Sign in with your cable provider, and you can watch just as you would any other game. You can also catch the game on ESPN+ (read more about it here).
- Announcers: Dave Neal and Joe Kleine are calling the action.
- Replay: WatchESPN or the SEC Network (check local listings).
- Radio: UK Sports Network with Tom Leach and Mike Pratt.
- Stats to Know: UK | Albany
- Odds: Kentucky is favored by 28 points, per DraftKings. ESPN’s matchup indicator gives the Wildcats a 96.9% chance to win. KenPom gives the Cats a 99% chance of winning at home.
- Kentucky Wildcats Roster
- Albany Roster
- Predictions: KenPom projects an 80-54 victory, Kentucky! TeamRankings has the Cats winning 82-53.
A late note: Senior guard Davion Mintz is out due to an illness, while junior forward Jacob Toppin and sophomore forward Lance Ware also remain out.
Davion Mintz is unavailable tonight vs. UAlbany due to an illness. He is day-to-day.— Kentucky Men’s Basketball (@KentuckyMBB) November 22, 2021
Jacob Toppin (shoulder) and Lance Ware (ankle) also will not play in tonight's game vs. UAlbany. They are day-to-day.
The Kentucky Wildcats are on their longest win streak since the beginning of conference play last season, at three games.
Believe it or not, Kentucky actually started off conference play hot last season, before crashing back down to earth.
With wins over Robert Morris, Mount St. Mary’s, and a very good Ohio Bobcats team, John Calipari’s team looks to be rolling, with cohesion, for the first time since 2019-2020.
Next up on the schedule? The University of Albany Great Danes, a game that can only be streamed online with WatchESPN or ESPN+. Keep this in mind, as the game against Central Michigan on Nov. 29 will also be streaming only.
Albany current sits at 0-4 on the season, with losses to Towson, La Salle, Harvard, and Eastern Kentucky.
For the Great Danes, senior guard Matt Cerruti is the man to watch. Cerruti comes into the game averaging 12.3 ppg, shooting 46% from the field and 52% from behind the 3-point line.
Another name to watch for is senior forward De’Vondre Perry, who’s averaging 12 ppg and 5.3 rpg.
With Kentucky working to find their defensive identity, this should be a good game to do just that. Albany currently sits at 385th in the nation in points per game, scoring just 59.3 ppg.
As for Oscar Tshiebwe, another 20-rebound game could be on deck, as the Great Danes are averaging just 30.8 rpg, good enough for 382nd in the country.