It’s hard to imagine anything topping last weekend’s atmosphere in Lexington. However, a win by the Kentucky Wildcats over LSU this Saturday would send the Wildcats to 6-0 on the year and full-steam-ahead to Athens next weekend for a matchup with the Georgia Bulldogs.
Kentucky can’t get ahead of themselves, though, as they’re coming off an emotional win over Florida while LSU and head coach Ed Orgeron are desperate for a win at 3-2. With that being said, oddsmakers are predicting this game will come down to the wire and should be a high-scoring affair. Will Kentucky move to 6-0 or will LSU upset the No. 16 Wildcats?
ESPN’s Football Power Index is calculating a 51.9% chance for Kentucky to remain undefeated. According to Pregame.com, Kentucky opened 3-point favorites and have remained at that same spot throughout the week. The game total has seen a slight shift, opening at 52.5 and being bet down to 50.5. As of Friday morning, 65% of tickets placed on the spread were in favor of Kentucky, wagering 62% of the total cash placed on the spread.
- Kentucky is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- Kentucky is 7-0 SU in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kentucky’s last 7 games against Louisiana State.
- Kentucky is 6-0 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- Kentucky is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing at home against Louisiana State.
- Kentucky is 5-0 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- Kentucky is 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kentucky’s last 5 games played in October.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Kentucky’s last 7 games when playing as the favourite.
- Louisiana State is 5-2 SU in their last 7 games.
- Louisiana State is 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games against Kentucky.
- Louisiana State is 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against Kentucky.
- Louisiana State is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road.
- Louisiana State is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Kentucky.
- Louisiana State is 14-6 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Louisiana State is 16-4 SU in their last 20 games played in October.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Louisiana State’s last 7 games when playing as the underdog.
- OddsShark Generator — Kentucky 33, LSU 21
- Barrett Sallee of CBS Sports — Kentucky -3 (spread)
- 247 Sports’ Chris Hummer LSU 28, Kentucky 27
- 247 Sports’ Brad Crawford Kentucky 30, LSU 28
- Eric Thorne of Wildcat Blue Nation — Kentucky 28, LSU 24
- Pete Fiutak of College Football News — Kentucky 23, LSU 20
- The Sporting News’ Bill Bender — Kentucky 27, LSU 24
- The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman — Kentucky 28, LSU 27
Normally this would be the classic “letdown” spot for a Wildcats team coming off a highly emotional and historical win over Florida last weekend. Especially with LSU feeling the pressure to start winning games. However, this isn’t your average Kentucky team we’re used to seeing over the last few decades. These Wildcats are exceptionally coached and have what it takes in all three sides phases to close out the competition. While Saturday night’s outcome might be closer than you hope for, Kentucky still manages to walk out of Kroger Field undefeated.
Final Score: Kentucky 27, LSU 24