The Kentucky Wildcats face off with the Georgia Bulldogs in Athens today at 3:30 pm EST. You can watch the game on CBS and stream it online with CBS Sports Live or Paramount +.
This is one of the biggest game in program history for the Wildcats, or at least in the last 50 years. Kentucky has a chance to become the undisputed No. 1 seed in the entire SEC with win today.
However, the task ahead is daunting. Georgia has been the best team in the country by a mile this season, and they’ve only picked up steam as the year has gone on. Kentucky also hasn’t beaten the Dawgs since 2009. That year saw the Cats upset the Dawgs in Athens during Rich Brooks’ final season as a college football head coach.
Kentucky also beat Georgia during the 2006 season.
A couple of things to be encouraged by is the fact that Clemson came within a couple plays of beating Georgia to start the year. And last season when the Cats and Dawgs matched up, Kentucky held them to just 14 points in a 14-3 losing effort.
The defense will be strong enough to hold, but can the offense find a way to put up points against the stout Georgia D?
Kentucky is a 21.5 point underdog going into this game, which I think is disrespectful. But, if the Cats want respect, they have to go out and earn it.
Get hyped! Here are some pregame reads to get you ready for the game.
- Kentucky vs. Georgia preview, viewing info and final score projection
- Who wins No. 11 Kentucky vs. No. 1 Georgia?
- Former UK star Derek Abney named the best college football player ever from North Dakota
- Dane Key decision date details
- Will Levis now on Davey O’Brien Award Watch List
- Mark Stoops previews Kentucky vs. Georgia
- Kentucky football recruiting in the 2022 class: What to know
- Eli Cox earns weekly SEC honor
- Octavious Oxendine out for season; earns SEC honors for performance vs. LSU
- Kentucky bowl projections after destroying LSU
- Will Levis earns national honors
Let’s go CATS!!!