John Calipari and his staff have been building a monster Class for 2022, landing several top guys in the class already as the early signing period inches closer.
However, they have also been heavily recruiting the 2023 class as they look to have back-to-back elite classes for the Kentucky Wildcats.
On Wednesday, 247 Sports released their updated rankings for the 2023 class, and here is where the Kentucky targets stand in the new rankings.
- Dajuan Wagner Jr. is still the No. 1 overall player in the class. As of right now, the 6-foot-3 guard still has 100% of Crystal Ball predictions being for Kentucky.
- Mackenzie Mgbako was one of the bigger movers in the update as the 6-foot-7 small forward jumped up 10 spots to become the No. 3 overall player. Duke is currently viewed as the favorite, but Kentucky is right there in the mix.
- J.J. Taylor moved up one spot to No. 6 overall which makes him the No. 4 overall small forward. No Crystal Ball predictions have been made but Chin Coleman is leading this recruitment for the Cats.
- Reed Sheppard made a massive jump in the new rankings as he jumped 45 spots to become the No. 17 overall player and is now a 5-star via 247 Sports’ Composite. Sheppard was outstanding over the summer and him making a big jump in the new rankings was inevitable.
- Elijah Fisher took a big drop to No. 20 after being ranked No. 4 overall in the class when Kentucky initially offered him in July. There are currently no predictions for where Fisher ultimately lands.
Here is the new top 10 from 247 Sports:
1. Dajuan Wagner Jr.
2. Kwame Evans Jr.
3. Mackenzie Mgbako
4. Matas Buzelis
5. Mookie Cook
6. J.J. Taylor
7. Baye Fall
8. G.G. Jackson
9. Omaha Biliew
10. Robert Dillingham
You can check out the full updated 2023 rankings from 247 Sports here.