After the Kentucky Wildcats 42-21 beat down of the LSU Tigers at Kroger Field Saturday, UK improved to 6-0 on the season.
The win moved UK from No. 16 to No. 11 in the AP Poll and from No. 14 to No. 11 in the coaches’ poll.
They are now just one of two teams undefeated in the SEC as the 6-0 and No. 1 ranked Georgia Bulldogs are the only other undefeated squad in the conference after Alabama fell to Texas A&M in College Station Saturday.
Kentucky’s 6-0 start has set up a clash of unbeatens in Athens next Saturday as the Cats will visit the Bulldogs in a game with huge implications.
If Kentucky can stun Georgia, not only would they be in the driver’s seat to win their first-ever SEC East division title, but they’d be in a position to contend for a College Football Playoff spot.
This week, however, their bowl projections still aren’t in the playoff conversation, but they sure are squarely in the mix for a New Year’s Six bid.
Here’s a roundup of some projections from across the land:
- ESPN’s Kyle Bonagura: Fiesta Bowl vs. Costal Carolina Chanticleers
- ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Citrus Bowl vs. Penn State Nittany Lions
- CBS Sports: Citrus Bowl vs. Michigan State Spartans
- Saturday Down South: Peach Bowl vs. NC State Wolfpack
- 247 Sports: Outback Bowl vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers
- A Sea of Blue’s Aaron Gershon: Peach Bowl vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys