The Kentucky Wildcats come into Saturday night’s matchup with an undefeated 4-0 record, squeaking by their most recent opponent — South Carolina — in Columbia last weekend.
Kentucky returns home to host the No. 10 Florida Gators this Saturday at Kroger Field. Florida will present far and away the most difficult challenge Kentucky has seen this season.
While the Gators are the first of a three-game stretch against Florida, LSU and Georgia, it’s incredibly important for Kentucky to take this three-game stretch one contest at a time and focus on the task at hand.
ESPN’s Football Power Index calculates Kentucky to have just a 22% chance of victory on Saturday. According to Pregame.com, Florida opened as -8.5 favorites but Kentucky has seen some money come in to move the spread to -7.5 in favor of Florida. The over/under opened at 55 and has slightly moved to 55.5. Read more about betting this game at DraftKings.
- Kentucky is 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Kentucky’s last 9 games.
- Kentucky is 6-0 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Kentucky’s last 5 games at home.
- Kentucky is 0-10 SU in their last 10 games when playing at home against Florida.
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Kentucky’s last 19 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Kentucky is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the SEC East.
- Kentucky is 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games played in October.
- Kentucky is 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games played in week 5.
- Florida is 15-5 SU in their last 20 games.
- Florida is 19-1 SU in their last 20 games against Kentucky.
- Florida is 6-1 SU in their last 7 games on the road.
- Florida is 10-0 SU in their last 10 games when playing on the road against Kentucky.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Florida’s last 6 games against an opponent in the East Division division.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Florida’s last 5 games played in October.
- Florida is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games played in week 5.
- Antwan Staley of Athlon Sports — Florida 31, Kentucky 28
- Josh Moore of the Lexington Herald-Leader — Florida 27, Kentucky 23
- Pete Fiutak of College Football News — Florida 34, Kentucky 23
- TeamRankings — Florida 31, Kentucky 24
- All seven USA Today pickers went with Florida.
- Ryan Bloomfield of Sportsbook Wire — Florida 35, Kentucky 24
- ESPN’s Bill Connelly picked Florida to cover an eight-point spread.
- All seven CBS Sports pickers went with Florida to win straight up. Only one picked Kentucky to cover.
- Sporting News’ Bill Bender — Florida 28, Kentucky 24
- OddsShark Simulator — Florida 38, Kentucky 28
- Four of five Sports Illustrated’s pickers went with the Gators. Ross Dellenger was the lone pick for the Cats, so if they win, be sure to send Dellenger a nice bottle of bourbon.
What a story it would be for Kentucky to knock off the No. 10 team in the country that just took Alabama to the last minutes of the game just two weeks ago. But there’s a reason why we’re viewing that as a story and not reality. Kentucky appears to be simply outmatched at more positions than not. While the Wildcats will put up points, their lack of a pass rush will allow Florida to inevitably score more to win the contest.
Final Score: Florida 34, Kentucky 28
Send us your predictions in the comments section below!