The Kentucky Wildcats are in Tuscaloosa tonight for a second matchup with the No. 8 Alabama Crimson Tide. Game time is set for 7 pm ET on ESPN. You can steam it online at WatchESPN or with a free trial of fuboTV.
The last time the Wildcats saw the Crimson Tide, Nate Oats’ team blitzed the Cats 85-65. John Petty led the way for the Tide with 23 points. They went 14/30 from the three-point line while Kentucky made a paltry four triples the entire game.
The loss kickstarted a three-game losing streak that included losses at Auburn and Georgia. The Cats were able to stop the bleeding by defeating LSU 82-69 in one of Kentucky’s better offensive games of the season.
Defensively, the Cats have their work cut out for them, as the Tide have multiple guys that can slash to the basket and just about every player 1 through 5 can make it from downtown. It’s even more challenging with Terrence Clarke (ankle) out again, as his perimeter defense would be a big boost against a three-point heavy team like Alabama.
Even with a win, the Cats have a long way to go if they want to sustain any hopes for making the tournament. But a win tonight would make a helluva statement and be some sweet revenge. It would also get Kentucky back in the hunt for an SEC regular-season title, but a loss tonight pretty much kills those hopes.
Here is some pregame reading to get set for tonight’s clash!
- Kentucky vs. Alabama game time, TV channel, online stream, odds & predictions
- Looking for Toughness
- Condensed replay of Kentucky beating LSU
- Some coaches don’t believe conference tournaments are a good idea this year
- Kentucky vs. Alabama Round 2
- Skyy Clark still confident in Kentucky on and off the court
- John Calipari and Wildcats recap bounceback win over LSU
- Bruiser Flint and Olivier Sarr preview Round 2 of Kentucky vs. Alabama