The Kentucky Wildcats (4-6, 3-0 in SEC) go head-to-head with the Alabama Crimson Tide (9-3, 4-0 in SEC) tonight in Lexington at 9 pm EST on ESPN. You can steam the game online at WatchESPN or with a free trial of fuboTV.
What a turnaround these Cats have had since the season began. Winning three straight games has rejuvenated the team, fans and coaches.
The return of Keion Brooks Jr. has a lot to do with the optimism we’ve seen as well. He scored 12 points on 6/8 shooting to go with six rebounds and four assists in his first game in over 10 months.
As for the Tide, they are on a hot streak of their own. They’ve won five straight with wins over Tennessee, Florida and most recently Auburn, who had their five-star freshman, Sharife Cooper, score 26 points playing his first game of the season.
This Alabama team can put up points in a hurry, so the Cats better be ready defensively. This should be a war for 40 minutes that comes down to the wire.
All of us at A Sea of Blue extend our condolences to Ben Jordan, who passed away Monday. The Kentucky baseball pitcher was a walk-on for the basketball team last season. Keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.
Ben Jordan. Forever in our hearts. pic.twitter.com/S1VxSaZwqr— Kentucky Athletics (@UKAthletics) January 12, 2021
Now, here are some pregame reads to get you ready for tonight’s game.
- Kentucky vs. Alabama preview, viewing info and predictions
- Coach Cal explains why his team knelt before Florida game
- Olivier Sarr and Isaiah Jackson explain reason behind peaceful protest prior to Florida game
- Dontaie Allen praised by John Calipari for defense
- The Kentucky Basketball program wants Black lives to matter, including their own
- The UnUsual Season is Getting Better
- Oscar Tshiebwe commits to Kentucky
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Hamidou Diallo have historic night
- Nolan Hickman continues to impress
- Wildcats preview Alabama
- Kentucky took a stance and then took control on the floor in their best performance of the season