The Kentucky Wildcats went into Gainesville and did something that few of us saw coming: they pummeled the Florida Gators 76-58. Four Cats scored in double digits as the offense looked the most efficient as it has all season long.
It appeared that the addition of Keion Brooks provided not only a spark to the team, but a stabilizing presence that settled things down offensively. His interior passing, shot selection, and patience was evident and the rest of the team followed his lead. The importance of Brooks wasn’t apparent until last night.
I took to the airwaves last night after the game and had a great time talking to fellow Kentucky fans after the big win. Here is what was discussed:
- Keion Brooks was the star of the game
- BJ Boston locked in on defending and distributing and had his best game as a Cat
- Olivier Sarr continues to play well in the SEC
- We saw the best of Isaiah Jackson, and he looks like an NBA player
- How does Terrence Clarke fit in once he returns from injury
- We discuss the reaction to the Kentucky players kneeling before the game
- And more!
Click on the podcast and have some fun with us. We will be back on the air Tuesday after the Cats take on the red hot Alabama Crimson Tide.