Good morning, ladies and gentlemen of the Big Blue Nation, and welcome to the Tuesday Morning Quickies.
Well, there’s not really much to talk about today from my perspective. The summer of our discontent continues, many people are still limiting their activities to the bare minimum to avoid either exposure, or in my case the pure inconvenience of dealing with the world the way it is right now. On the bright side, a lot of us are getting quite a bit of quality time with our families and taking care of things that have gone begging in favor of more pleasant priorities. I’ve managed to lose 22 pounds during this… whatever, while most of my friends are packing on more.
We still hope against hope that college football actually happens, although I doubt it will go off smoothly or even everywhere. Recent news is that SEC commissioner Greg Sankey is struggling to set a deadline for schools to make a decision to play or not. Confidence, at this point, is not terribly high, though hope still remains that some form of CFB season will happen.
Try to stay healthy, folks. No telling when things will get back to some semblance of normal, but it will happen eventually.
Tweet of the Morning
This is probably UK’s Best Defensive Depth Chart of my lifetime https://t.co/6CwP76ZTNF— Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio) July 21, 2020
I don’t know whether to be happy or sad...
- Silliness — Louisville coach Scott Satterfield avoids saying “Kentucky” when discussing the game against the Wildcats. Two words, Scott: Lynn Bowden. He may not be back, but it’s clear he’s scarred you for life. Good.
- Former UK stud tight end C.J. Conrad is now a graduate assistant at UK. He was released by the Giants after 2 weeks on their practice squad last season, but the team signed him to a reserve/futures deal in January of this year.
- UK commit Jordan Lovett and teammate La’Vell Wright named to the 2020 Sports Illustrated All-American team watch list.
- Former UK walk-on Sam Malone shares his stories. He was on the team from 2011-2015, going to three final fours, winning one NCAA Tournament title, and playing on some of UK’s best-ever basketball teams.
- Getting to know the new guy: Jacob Toppin.
- 2022 UK target Brandon Huntley-Hatfield is transferring from IMG Academy in Florida to Scotland Performance Institute in Pennsylvania.
- NCAA guidelines now allow Coach Cal to attend practice with his team.
Other sports news
- Active volcanoes found on Venus.
- UAE launches Hope mission to Mars. Impressive achievement for such a tiny country.
- Despite the infected squirrel in Colorado, an outbreak of the Bubonic Plague is fortunately unlikely.