The hype surrounding incoming Kentucky Wildcats freshman BJ Boston continues to build.
Wednesday, CBS Sports dropped a 16-player list of the top incoming freshmen who will immediately impact college basketball this season.
Boston was the sixth player listed by CBS’ Sports Kyle Boone, who said this about the Sierra Canyon product:
“The roster turnover at Kentucky this offseason is simply unbelievable — even for John Calipari. He lost all but one scholarship player from last year’s team. But Boston is the best of the incoming freshman bunch at UK who should soften the blows. A 6-6 scoring guard, Boston is a fluid athlete who can score it in myriad ways with a smooth, high release and an effortless launch. UK needs a reliable scorer to come in and make an impact right away and Boston — one of the most lethal scorers in the country — should be uniquely equipped to shoulder a big load as a freshman.”
Boston is ranked as the nations’ fourth-ranked prospect by both Rivals and 247 Sports. Despite Terrence Clarke also being ranked within the top 10 by both services, he did not make the cut.
Here are the 16 players to make Boone’s list:
- Cade Cunningham, Oklahoma State Cowboys
- Evan Mobley, USC Trojans
- Caleb Love, North Carolina Tar Heels
- Jalen Suggs, Gonzaga Bulldogs
- Josh Primo, Alabama Crimson Tide
- BJ Boston, Kentucky Wildcats
- Ziaire Williams, Stanford Cardinal
- Scottie Barnes, Florida State Seminoles
- Jonathan Kuminga, TBD
- Jaden Springer, Tennessee Volunteers
- Jermey Roach, Duke Blue Devils
- Moses Moody, Arkansas Razorbacks
- Moussa Cisse, TBD
- Joshua Christopher, Arizona State Sun Devils
- Earl Timberlake, Miami Hurricanes
- Nimari Burnett Texas Tech Red Raiders