clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Kentucky offers 4-star WR Deion Colzie

Colzie is a top 50 prospect for 2021 per 247sports.

Photo courtesy of the Athens Banner-Herald/Matthew Caldwell

The Kentucky Wildcats have extended an offer to one of the top wide receivers in the 2021 class.

On Monday, four-star wide receiver Deion Colzie from Athens (GA) announced on Twitter that he’d received an offer from the Wildcats.

Colzie is the fifth-ranked receiver in the nation for 2021 by 247 Sports and the 44th-ranked overall prospect in the nation. He originally committed to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish but decommitted on Mar. 20, and projections now see him as a lean toward his hometown Georgia Bulldogs.

Of the four 247 Crystal Ball projections logged, 50% have him staying home to play for the Bulldogs, while the other 50% has him still choosing Notre Dame.

On Rivals, 67% of analyst and publisher forecast projections have Colzie picking Georgia, with the other 33% still going Notre Dame.

The standout receiver holds several offers from the SEC, including Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

While he seems like a long shot for Kentucky, it’s always fun to see Vince Marrow and Mark Stoops throw their hats at some of the biggest names in the country without people thinking they’re crazy for even trying.