With this being the last game at Rupp this year, you can expect the Cats to play with a lot of fire and emotion, especially the ones who will probably play their last game at home. The one player who for sure is playing his last game at Rupp is Nate Sestina, the team’s lone senior who will be honored prior to the game for Senior Night.
Tennessee is not going to make things easy, however. The Volunteers, who just took down Florida on Saturday, are scratching for any chance to make the tournament. A win at Rupp Arena against the #6 Wildcats would go a long way in getting them there.
As for UK, the chance of a 2 seed is very real. But, it is going to take a lot to get there. They will more than likely have to win out along with making the SEC Championship game to be considered.
One game at a time.
Get hyped for this one by checking out some of these pregame reads, and go Cats!
- Kentucky vs. Tennessee: Preview, viewing info & prediction
- Immanuel Quickley makes history with another SEC Player of the Week award
- Kentucky rises in new college basketball rankings and Bracketology
- Wildcats celebrate win over Auburn with appearance at DanceBlue, which raises $2 million
- Joe Lunardi has Kentucky on the verge of a 2 seed
- Kentucky beat Auburn and won the SEC because of toughness, execution, and getting exactly what John Calipari called for
- Kentucky beats Auburn to win SEC: Everything to know
- Mark Stoops gives an injury update on Terry Wilson
- Mark Stoops has high praise for Joshua Paschal and Kelvin Joseph
- Andy Katz moves Kentucky into top 4 of his power rankings