Locker room access will be strictly limited to student-athletes, coaches and other essential team personnel. Members of the media will be able to interview head coaches and select athletes via press conferences in the established press conference room and a separate controlled auxiliary space.
The SEC will also implement the following health measures for the league tournament, which begins in Nashville on Wednesday:
- Use of hospital grade disinfectant to sanitize locker rooms before teams arrive and immediately upon departure;
- Sanitization of game balls with hospital grade disinfectant after each practice and game;
- Sanitization of team benches plus band and cheerleader seating areas following each game;
- Hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes and Lysol spray in team locker rooms; and
- Hand sanitizers at scorer’s table, in officials’ locker rooms and operations offices.
The SEC is providing additional hand sanitizers at all arena entrances, throughout the concourse and in meeting rooms. The SEC will also display the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendations on preventive action on signage throughout the concourse.