This is a huge matchup for both teams. The Tigers are coming off a close loss to Alabama that took them from being tied for 1st in the SEC, to now tied for 2nd. The Tigers are also in desperate need of a win against a top-10 team for their NCAA Tournament seeding.
On the other side, the Cats really needs this win for their postseason outlook as well. While they are currently inside the top 10, bracketology still looks to have them as a 4/5 seed,. A win at LSU would bode very well for them later in the season and could help them ultimately earn a 3 seed.
LSU has put up an average of 86 points over their last four games, so the Kentucky defense has to be ready to play up-tempo on the road. The good news is that LSU has also lost three of those four games, as their defense has given up an average of 89 points during that stretch.
It’s going to be a fun one! Check out some of these pregame reads to get hyped for the game:
- Kentucky vs. LSU: Preview, viewing info & prediction
- Where Kentucky stands in new college basketball rankings
- 3 Wildcats make ESPN’s new NBA Mock Draft
- No one has been more clutch for Kentucky than Immanuel Quickley
- The puzzling case of Kentucky’s 3-point shooting
- Kentucky holds off Ole Miss: Everything to know
- SEC Basketball Power Rankings for Week 16
- DeMarcus Cousins could be healthy for NBA Playoffs
- Kentucky hosted 2 high-profile recruits for win over Ole Miss
- Ashton Hagans is struggling, but he still has Calipari’s support