The Kentucky Wildcats (3-6) take on the South Carolina Gamecocks (2-7) to close the season in Lexington at 7:30 pm EST on the SEC Network. You can stream the game online at Watch ESPN or with a free trial of fuboTV.
Today will be the final game in a Kentucky uniform for many seniors. While the NCAA is allowing players to return for an extra season in 2021, most of the Cats’ seniors are expected to move on, including quarterback Terry Wilson.
To the 19 seniors we are recognizing today, THANK YOU! Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this program. Thank you for your blue collar work ethic and strength through this very difficult year. I’m so proud of you! pic.twitter.com/1rnkAamYkm— Mark Stoops (@UKCoachStoops) December 5, 2020
Both of these teams have had disappointing seasons to say the least and both teams have had multiple players miss over the past couple of weeks.
The Gamecocks will be without at least five big-time players, including NFL prospects Jaycee Horn and Israel Mukuamu in the secondary.
Kentucky has only seen one star player opt out so far, and that’s cornerback Kelvin Joseph. It will be interesting to see who else opts out before a potential bowl game.
If the Cats want to go bowling this year, this is one they can’t lose. It’s also important for Kentucky to win the games they should. South Carolina is one of those games.
Will the Cats get the job done tonight?
While we wait, check out some of these pregame reads and listens:
- Kentucky vs. South Carolina preview, viewing info & more
- Cats by 90: Kentucky Sports Therapy
- Jager Burton updates signing plans
- Kentucky vs. South Carolina: What’s At Stake?
- Phil Hoskins is considering a return to Kentucky for 7th season
- Kentucky likely to accept bowl invitation this year, per report
- Mark Stoops reveals why Kelvin Joseph is opting out
- Kelvin Joseph opting out to focus on 2021 NFL Draft
- SEC Power Rankings for Week 14
- Kentucky vs. South Carolina odds, betting trends, expert picks and predictions
Let’s goo Cats!