The Kentucky Wildcats’ regular season came to an end over a week ago, but as many teams’ across the SEC played make-up games Saturday and are on tap for more next weekend, bowl projections continue to change for UK.
Despite firing offensive coordinator Eddie Gran and quarterbacks coach Darin Hinshaw, the team does plan to accept a bowl bid if invited after finishing 4-6 in a 10-game season consisting entirely of SEC Play.
While four of Kentucky’s SEC rivals will be in regular season action Saturday, the Cats have clinched fourth place in the SEC East, finishing ahead of Tennessee (3-6), South Carolina (2-8) and Vanderbilt (0-9) while falling behind division champion Florida (8-2), second-place Georgia (7-2) and third-place Missouri (5-4).
With a fourth-place, SEC East finish clinched and just days until selection Sunday, here’s a look at Kentucky’s latest bowl projections.
- 247 Sports: Armed Forces Bowl vs. Oregon Ducks
- CBS Sports: Liberty Bowl vs. West Virginia Mountaineers
- ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Music City Bowl vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers
- ESPN’s Kyle Bonagura: Outback Bowl vs. Iowa Hawkeyes
- College Football News: Liberty Bowl vs. West Virginia Mountaineers
- A Sea of Blue’s Aaron Gershon: Liberty Bowl vs. West Virginia Mountaineers