The 20th-ranked Kentucky Wildcats (1-1) take on the 7th-ranked Kansas Jayhawks (1-1) tonight at 9:30 pm EST in Indianapolis on ESPN. You can stream the game online at Watch ESPN or with a free trial of fuboTV.
Both teams have had a bit of a bumpy start to the season, but it’s extremely early and there have been multiple differences between this season and years past.
Kansas can hang their hat on the fact that they put up 90 points against the number one team in the nation, Gonzaga, to start the year. While it did come in a losing effort, they managed to bounce back against St. Joe’s to even their record at 1-1.
The Cats, however, are coming off a pretty ugly loss to a now-ranked Richmond squad. If Kentucky has any hope tonight, they will need to find their shooting stroke after missing 13 free throws against the Spiders this past Sunday, as well as going 0/10 from deep.
And they’ll have to do so without sophomore forward Keion Brooks Jr., who is set to miss another 2-3 weeks with his lingering leg injury.
These games are always fun and full of tradition. Are you ready?!
Check out some of these pregame reads before the big matchup:
- Kentucky vs. Kansas preview, viewing info, odds and predictions
- Kentucky vs. Kansas: Who wins?
- Keion Brooks out several more weeks; UK vs. Kansas is still on despite COVID concerns
- After facing Kentucky, Richmond pauses activities due to positive COVID-19 test
- You Win Some, You Lose Some
- Bleav in Kentucky breaks down Richmond game and what’s ahead for the Cats
- Immanuel Quickley shares his confidence in current UK squad despite loss to Richmond
- John Calipari and Terrence Clarke preview Kentucky vs. Kansas
- Kentucky drops in new college basketball rankings