In a normal year, the 2020 Kentucky Wildcats likely would not be going bowling.
With a loss to No. 5 Georgia Saturday, the Cats fell to 2-4 on the season. .With road games against No. 8 Florida and No. 2 Alabama still on the schedule, UK almost definitely is on their way to a sub .500 season.
However, given the weirdness of 2020 and the COVID-19 pandemic, there is no win requirement to become bowl eligible.
Thus, no matter what Kentucky’s final record looks like, they’ll have a chance to take the field hoping to bring home a trophy come late December or early January.
Here’s a look at some of the latest UK bowl projections from the so-called experts:
- 247 Sports: Liberty Bowl vs. Iowa State Cyclones
- CBS Sports: Liberty Bowl vs. Texas Longhorns
- ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Music City Bowl vs. Penn State Nittany Lions
- ESPN’s Kyle Bonagura: Liberty Bowl vs. Texas Longhorns
- College Football News: Tax Slayer Gator Bowl vs. North Carolina Tar Heels
- A Sea of Blue’s Aaron Gershon: Music City Bowl vs. Louisville Cardinals