Today is the day.
It’s the first day of the 2020-2021 college basketball season in all of its craziness and uncertainty.
First off, the women’s basketball team takes the floor at 1 pm EST vs. Murray State inside Memorial Coliseum. The game vs. Murray State will be streamed on SEC Network+ with Jeff Piecoro and Christi Thomas on the call. You can also use WatchESPN to stream it online, smartphones or tablets. Darren Headrick will have the call on the UK Sports Network on 630 AM WLAP in Lexington.
Then tonight, we’ll see the men’s basketball team hit the floor for the first game of what is very likely to be the most unpredictable season of college basketball ever. They will take on Morehead State tonight in the season opener from Rupp Arena at 6 pm EST.
Here’s some need-to-know info for tonight’s game, where Kentucky comes in as a 24-point favorite.
- Network: SEC Network
- Announcers: Play-by-play, Paul Sunderland; analysis, Jimmy Dykes
- Where to find SEC Network:
- Spectrum Cable: Channel 516
- DISH Network: Channel 408 (on Hopper and Joey Channel 404)
- DirecTV: Channel 611
- UVerse: Channel 607 (1607 HD)
- Over the air: WLAP-AM 630, WBUL-FM 98.1
- Satellite radio: XM Channel 190; Sirius Channel 137; Internet Channel 961
- UK Sports Network broadcast team: Play-by-play, Tom Leach; analyst, Mike Pratt
- Live video: You can live stream the game online from WatchESPN.com or the WatchESPN app, depending on your TV service provider.
- Leave your predictions for tonight’s game in the comments below.
Tweet of the Day
Bam Adebayo went from:— ☄️²⁴ (@JPIuto) November 24, 2020
• Growing up in a trailer
• Recruited by Kentucky
• Being chosen 14th overall
• Being a backup his first 2 seasons
• NBA All-Star
• 2020 All-Defensive Second Team
• Going to the Finals at 23 years old
• Getting a 163 million dollar extension. pic.twitter.com/yaDKVrTKN6
What a story for Bam.
You have to imagine that competition is making both players better.
Flexibility has never been more important.
Not a ton of surprises there, but BYU not getting any respect.
This projection says it’s possible.
Texas, Virginia, West Virginia... lots of possibilities.
At what point should he just shut up about it?
Well, that’s one way to get your point across.