Every UK fan knows that Big Blue Madness officially kicks off one of the most exciting times in Lexington: Basketball season.
Needless to say, this year has already, and will continue to, look a lot different. Usually, BBM would’ve already happened and we’d be into the first month of the season.
But due to COVID-19, everything has been pushed back. With that said though, it is amazing to see what the NCAA along with each school has done to make sure this season gets played.
This should be a really good one for the Cats as well. The only returning player from last year’s team is sophomore Keion Brooks. Everyone else is either a freshman or a transfer.
Some of the most notables are top 10 recruits Brandon Boston Jr. (5) and Terrance Clarke (8), along with Wake Forest transfer Olivier Sarr who averaged 13.2 PPG, 9 RPG and 1.2 BPG last season.
Those three should be the nucleus that pushes this team forward and helps them compete for a national title.
It’s set up to be another exciting year under John Calipari. Are you ready?!
Check out some pregame reads before the action starts.
- Twitter reactions to Kentucky’s NBA Draft night
- John Calipari says his current team “can’t make any shots”
- John Calipari concerned with mental health of athletes amid pandemic
- Kentucky Wildcats in the NBA Draft Tracker
- Kentucky ranked as the best college basketball program of all-time
- Several Wildcats earn preseason SEC and Naismith honors
- Impressive NBA Draft streaks for Kentucky (and blue bloods) have come to an end
- Cats by 90: NBA Draft, No. 1 Alabama preview, basketball talk and more
- Kentucky Basketball 2020-21 schedule released: Breaking it down
- Keion Brooks on what excites him most about Wildcats and his recovery from injury
- Kentucky vs. Kansas game time announced; no fans allowed