Before we get into the game, we want to wish our condolences to the family of the late offensive line coach John Schlarman, as he passed away Thursday after a two-year battle with cancer. He has done a lot for this team on and off the field, and I’m sure the school will continue to honor him throughout the rest of the season. This game is for him.
As for the game itself, it’s a big one for the Cats. They will more than likely finish the season under .500 with bouts against Alabama and Florida on the horizon, but in order to make a bowl this season, they’ll need a win in at least this game and more than likely against the Gamecocks to end the year.
Their chances seem high to win, as they opened as 17-point favorites. The Commodores have had a very bad season, but they were competitive in last week’s seven-point loss at Mississippi State.
We’re still not sure who will get the start at QB, but you can probably expect both quarterbacks to play and have a couple drives.
Are you ready!? Check out some pregame reads before the action starts.
- Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt preview, viewing info & more
- Cats By 90: Vanderbilt preview, basketball AP Poll reaction and more
- John Schlarman passes away
- The Big Blue Bye Week Breakdown
- 2020 Kentucky Football schedule (UPDATED)
- How many more games will the Cats win this season?
- Kentucky is currently without 3 offensive coaches
- Multiple SEC football teams having COVID-19 issues; 1 game postponed
- Kentucky vs. No. 1 Alabama game time and TV channel set
- SEC Coaches: Whose Seat is the Hottest?
- Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt game glance, TV info, odds, and an early score projection
- SEC Power Rankings for Week 11