The Kentucky Wildcats are set to take on Tennessee this week, which comes a week before arguably the Cats’ biggest game of 2020.
In Week 5 of the SEC football season, Kentucky will be home at Kroger Field to welcome the 3rd-ranked Georgia Bulldogs to Lexington. And today, the SEC announced the game will kick off at 7 pm EST on ESPN or 7:30 pm EST on the SEC Network. The final TV designation will be made following this week’s games.
While Alabama (2) is currently the highest-ranked team on Kentucky’s schedule, that November game will be in Tuscaloosa, whereas Georgia comes to Lexington in what should be a more winnable game for Mark Stoops and his Cats.
And since Georgia plays Alabama this week, the Dawgs could come into Kroger Field unbeaten and ranked No. 1 overall if they’re able to upset the Crimson Tide this week.
For all of the good Stoops has done during his time in Lexington, he’s been unable to lead Kentucky to a win over Georgia, the only SEC East team he has yet to beat.
Will this be the year Kentucky finally takes down the Dawgs?
SEC Football Schedule for Oct. 24
- Auburn at Ole Miss, Noon ET/11 am CT on SEC Network
- Alabama at Tennessee, 3:30 pm ET/2:30 pm CT on CBS
- South Carolina at LSU, 4 pm ET/3 pm CT on SEC Network
- *Missouri at Florida, 7pm ET/6pm CT on ESPN or 7:30pm ET/6:30pm CT on SEC Network
- *Georgia at Kentucky, 7pm ET/6pm CT on ESPN or 7:30pm ET/6:30pm CT on SEC Network
*Network and start time designation after the games of 10/17