The Kentucky Wildcats (0-2) are set for their first night game of the season as they take on the Mississippi State Bulldogs (1-1) in Lexington at 7:30 pm ET on the SEC Network. You can stream the game online with WatchESPN or by using a free trial of fuboTV while Tom Hart, Jordan Rodgers and Cole Cubelic call the action.
This cross-division rivalry usually produces some tightly-contested clashes that often come down to the fourth quarter. The all-time series record is 24-23 in Mississippi State’s favor, with the Bulldogs winning their most recent matchup last year.
Based on the season we’ve seen so far from both of these teams, this game is really going to be a toss-up.
Kentucky has looked great on the offensive side of the ball, running all over defenses. However, their defense has been a major issue, something that coming into the season no one would’ve expected.
Mississippi State defeated the defending champions (LSU) in their first game of the year only to lose to one of the lower tier SEC teams in Arkansas last week. With a new coach and an entirely new system, along with very talented players on both sides of the ball, there is no telling which Mississippi State team we’ll see out there.
The Cats can’t afford to lose this game. Moving to 0-3 with the schedule they face in their last seven games will nearly guarantee a losing season.
It’s time for this team to turn things around. Are you ready!?
Here are some pregame reads and podcast episodes to help you prepare for Saturday’s SEC showdown:
- Kentucky vs. Mississippi State preview, viewing info & more
- Players to watch for against Mississippi State
- Sideline to Sideline: Mississippi State vs. Kentucky
- Kentucky vs. Mississippi State: Odds, betting trends, expert picks & prediction
- Chris Oats has returned home after medical emergency
- Kentucky vs. Mississippi State: Who wins SEC Week 3 matchup?
- Cats vs. Bulldogs: What’s at stake
- SEC Week 3 Predictions: Shall We Play a Game?
- Bleav in Kentucky with Vinny Hardy and Tony Delk
Now, let’s get this party started! Go Cats!