The Kentucky Wildcats are back in action today as they take on the Texas Tech Red Raiders in the Big 12-SEC Challenge. The game is scheduled to start at 6:00 pm EST in Lubbock, and you can watch it on ESPN or online at WatchESPN.
This is going to be one of the better games we’ve seen this season for the Cats. The Red Raiders are ranked 18th in the country and they play a tough, physical brand of basketball. However, they did just lose to TCU this past Tuesday, so they need this win against Kentucky bad in the midst of a challenging stretch in their season.
UK is coming off their second straight win and another impressive showing against Georgia. Keion Brooks is starting to come into his own, and now that Kahlil Whitney has transferred, there will be a lot less pressure on Brooks as he will be the go-to guy off the bench.
This is an important game for both teams in terms of tournament seeding and positive momentum, so let’s get ready by checking out some of these pregame reads:
- Kentucky vs. Texas Tech: Preview, viewing info & score projection
- 2 Wildcats selected to McDonald’s All-American Game
- Franck Kepnang could still reclassify to 2020
- Kahlil Whitney leaving Kentucky
- 2020 Wildcats shift in ESPN’s new rankings
- Nick Richards’ numbers put him in elite company
- Treasure Hunt named to McDonald’s All-American Game
- Kentucky fans continue to feel confident in their team
- Shareef O’Neal to transfer from UCLA
- Kentucky Basketball player takeaways vs. Georgia