The Kentucky Wildcats are back in action tonight as they take on the South Carolina Gamecocks. The game is scheduled to start at 6:30 pm EST. and you can watch it on the SEC Network, or online at WatchESPN.
Today marks the first of many road games ahead for the Cats. Six out of their next nine games will be on the road, so it’s going to be a great test for the team that’s starting to find its groove.
South Carolina hasn’t had one of their better years thus far, but they do have a couple of good wins against Clemson (who beat Duke yesterday) and Virginia. Road games in Columbia are also never easy, so Kentucky has to be ready for a 40-minute dogfight.
Keep an eye out on EJ Montgomery. He had a very solid outing in his last game with 8 points and 6 rebounds. He’s had an underwhelming season to this point, but in his interview after the game, you could hear the confidence in his voice as he’s starting to carve out a role for what hopes to be a Final Four-contending Kentucky squad. If EJ can keep that kind of play up consistently, the Cats will be favored to make a deep run in the NCAA Tournament.
Get hyped for the game with some of these pregame reads:
- Kentucky vs. South Carolina: Preview, viewing info & score projection
- Update on Johnny Juzang
- Kenny Payne and Wildcats preview South Carolina Gamecocks
- Kentucky moves up in updated Bracketology projections
- Enes Kanter plans to open school in Oklahoma City
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander records a historic triple-double
- SEC Basketball Power Rankings for Week 11
- Player takeaways from the Cats’ win over Alabama
- Cliff Omoruyi cuts list to 5
- Dan Issel pegs Kentucky as quintessential location for NBA expansion